Sunday, August 18, 2019

Session 6: The Final Session

   Between sessions, I went down to Alexandria, MN to visit family and partake in our Stone Family Reunion. I missed Staff Appreciation on the Island because of it, but it worked out very nicely since I was able to ride the bus down and back up to Laketrails; with a nice break in between.
   When I made it back up to the Northwest Angle Quin told me that I would be guiding with him this session. At first, I was surprised, because we were supposed to guide together during the second session, but he got sick. I thought that meant that we wouldn't be able to guide at all together this summer. Nonetheless, I was very happy to hear that he was my co-guide for the last session of the summer. 
   Our plan is to provide an easier option since the other trips are planning more difficult trips this session. This plan proved to be useful as there are a few campers this session that has never done anything like this before and Quin and I are providing a great entry and teaching trip for many of these campers.
   I am also excited for this group of campers because two of the campers coming on my trip are two students that my grandpa told me about. He mentioned during the family reunion that he is sponsoring two campers to go to Laketrails, and what are the odds that they would end up on my trip.
   Already I can tell this will be a great trip. This group of campers has never done anything like this before and are all eager to learn. Most importantly, I can tell that this will be a great trip for this group to experience my favorite "wilderness commandment"; be a kid.