Thursday, March 19, 2020

Settling in Before the Quarantine

WTF
   For the recent turn of events in the world, I thought it best summed up in this meme of J-hope from BTS.
   This past month I've settled into my hometown routine of work and school. This week I just finished up my winter term classes online with spring term also looking to be online.
   Before the social distancing rules were put in place I was able to work on several events. The first was the annual Daddy Daughter Dance. With a decoration theme of 50's drive-in. The fathers of the town bring their daughters all dressed up to this dance once a year. I got to help with planning, a little bit of decorating and working the door during the event. The next event I got to help with was our first Life Outdoor Show. It was my biggest project for the month of January and February, having spent those two months reaching out to countless businesses in hopes that they might want to be a vendor at our very first show. In the end, there were around twenty vendors for the show. It seemed to be a good hit for our first year and we've already begun some basic planning on next years show.
Daddy Daughter Dance
   After the Daddy Daughter Dance and the Life Outdoor Show, my two biggest events were over and I was looking at some downtime before another big event. On Monday nights I started to work as a gym attendant for our Rookies Soccer program. I even got to coach a little bit. My favorite activity, that all the children seemed to enjoy was teaching them to "protect their penguin eggs". I would demonstrate by holding the soccer ball with my feet and waddling with the ball between my legs. Whenever I wanted the children to stop and listen I would just shout out to protect their penguin eggs and they would all stand with the soccer ball between their feet. Sadly, I only got two Monday's of this fun before we had to cancel all programs.
    Last week I also started working at Dickey's Barbecue Pit again, but now I am wondering how long I'll still be able to work with the recent decision to close all restaurants in Oregon.
   For now, I'll be working as planned for as long as I can.

Madi
   For my personal life, I have taken up dog sitting.  I spent a week watching over this beautiful Newfoundland, lab mix and an Australian Shepard. It was up in the mountains so we got to spend a lot of time playing in the snow during the day and binge watching The Untamed at night.
   When I'm bored I have also taken up some more arts. Sketching or taking photos, but also more exciting, I've decided to take up writing and am currently working on a novel. I want to work on more writing, maybe some short stories, but I haven't decided where to start or how to go about it; but maybe you'll start seeing some short stories pop up on here! Any ideas or themes are welcomed recommendations if you want to see
something!

21
   Lastly, I just celebrated my 21st! The day of my birthday, I actually had to work and study for a final, but the Monday after I went out to dinner with my dad at my favorite restaurant in town and had a fiesta bowl with my dinner. Luckily I made it the day before the restaurant closure!
   For the time being, I'll be working, taking online classes and hoping that the BTS concerts do not get canceled, since I bought tickets for two concerts!