Monday, May 9, 2022

New Mini Series Coming!

Hello internet readers!

     A quick update here. I am beginning a new mini series on Portland living. The goal is to try a new restraunt and cafe, here in Portland every week. Hopefully documenting and publishing this goal on the internet will keep me more accountable. 

     Additionally, I hope to not only experience new cafes and restraunts, but I also hope to provide a first hand look for others that might be interested. With some of my background, I hope to inform readers of the most popular items on the menu and what I had. I am not a food critique so I will not be critiquing these locations, but rather provide a review of my experience. I have also connected with the author of Wandering Wheelchair, to hopefully provide an acknowledgement to accessability. I would like to note that I recognize my perspective is from an able bodied individual, but I hope to provide some insight to how others might be able to enjoy and navigate spaces within Portland. With that being said, if anyone has experienced differently than what I am noticing I would love to open up a discussion in the comments for more to know.

     Along with accessability, I hope to also review other factors such as, diets. As someone who was once a vegetarian for almost five years, I recognize the frustration of being told there are vegetarian or vegan options available, only to find that the options are the same salads that you have to ask for no meat on. For reviews outside my scope, my husband will help me research and determine if the menu might be Halal. For any of my readers out there that eat Kosher or other diets, please leave a comment on what you look for or what you require and I will do my best to keep those in mind as well!

     For my final overall note on the places I visit, I will also try to best describe the atmosphere, dress code, price and any other details that are worth mentioning. 

     Can't wait to start this journey and for you all to join me. I'm also looking forward to any places my readers might reccomend! 

First post coming next week!